Saugatuck provides a range of market strategy consulting and thought-leadership research services for its software, hardware and service provider clients. All of our vendor and service provider consulting engagements -- whether they be focused on a market assessment, identification of new "white space" opportunities, development of adoption scenarios and timelines, or helping clients to refine their core messaging and positioning -- are highly tailored to the client's unique and specific requirements.
Saugatuck is a strong believer in conducting buyer-behavior research to help guide our clients as they make important business decisions. A significant percentage of our strategy assignments have a quantitative foundation to them that includes global web surveys and executive-level interviewing. This provides a unique, research-based consulting capability for our clients, combining our seasoned team of strategy consultants and industry analysts, with a solid market research engine.
For smaller clients who might not be able to afford the cost of a custom consulting engagement, Saugatuck regularly conducts fact-based research programs through its CRS subscription service that often can be leveraged on a client's behalf.
Strategy/Market Assessment: helps clients assess key market trends and refine their business strategy and vision
- Assess key market trends relative to emerging strategy /offering alternatives
- Perform competitive and environmental analysis
- Develop market assessment models / frameworks
- Read and react review of offering / marketing plans
Opportunity Analysis: assists clients to identify new market and offering opportunities
- Identify and recommend new "white space" opportunities
- Scenario planning using Saugatuck Scenarios and other standard methodologies
- Develop winning product, service, solution strategies
- Perform business case and investment analyses
- Evaluate M&A opportunities
Go-to-Market Execution Support: assists clients with pragmatic strategies, tactics and program support to acquire customers and to maximize revenue
- Create / refine core messaging and value propositions (product, service, solution or company)
- Launch support, including tie-ins to sales training
- Establish profitable pricing and licensing frameworks
- Identify channel and partnership opportunities
Thought-leadership Research: in support of specific / targeted marketing initiatives. For more information, go to Custom Research.
- Creation and publication of co-branded Thought-leadership -- independent and unbiased research that focuses on key challenges at the intersection of business and IT.
- Wrap-around marketing program support in the form of webinars, speaker participation at conference events, et al
- Our Thought-leadership programs are typically designed to increase client brand awareness, gain CXO mindshare, support product / field marketing initiatives, and enhance our client's competitive position.