Find below YouTube video highlights from all ten conference sessions presented at Saugatuck Technology’s inaugural Cloud Business Summit, held May 10th, 2011 in New York City. Viewing these video clips will help bring the conference alive for those of you who unfortunately could not participate in person.
We had an exciting and thoughtful event that delivered some terrific insights into how the Cloud is being used today by a range of “progressive” upper-mid to large enterprises, across a variety of use-cases. As you will see, the clips have been carefully edited to offer you the most valuable insights and perspective for your viewing, or to share with others. Some of the session highlights have been broken into multiple YouTube videos, to keep the length of each video to approximately 5 minutes or less.
- SESSION #1 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) - Opening Keynote: A New Reality - Cloud Business and Cloud IT. Presented by Bill McNee, Founder and CEO, Saugatuck Technology.
- SESSION #2 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) - Featured Presentation: Realizing the Benefits of Cloud Computing
Robert LeBlanc, SVP Middleware Software, IBM Software Group.
- SESSION #3 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) - CIO/CTO Panel: Transitioning to the Cloud. Moderator: Bruce Guptill, SVP and Head of Research, Saugatuck Technology. Panelists: Manesh Patel, SVP and CIO Sanmina-SCI; Chris Perretta, EVP and CIO, State Street Bank; James Powell, CTO, Thomson Reuters; Pat Toole, Corporate VP and CIO, IBM.
- SESSION #4 (Part 1, Part 2) - Fireside Chat: The Cloud and Business Services - New Opportunities, New Challenges. With Eric Armour, President, Graphic Communication Business Group, Xerox. Host: William McNee, Founder and CEO, Saugatuck Technology.
- SESSION #5 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) - Business Strategy Panel: Opportunity and Risk in the Cloud. Moderator: Mike West. Panelists: John Schloff, VP Global Strategy, Pitney Bowes ; James Knight, EVP and Global CIO, Chubb & Son; Gary Lynch, Managing Director Supply Chain Risk Mgmt, Marsh; Hubert Gassner, CFO, Invensys Controls.
- SESSION #6 (Part 1) - Breakout Panel: Business Applications and the Cloud - From the Fringe to the Core. Moderator: Lee Geishecker, Research VP, Saugatuck Technology. Panelists: Rick Nucci, CTO, Dell Boomi; James Powell, CTO, Thomson Reuters; Steven John, Strategic CIO, Workday; Francois Torcque, Sr. Director, Philips.
- SESSION #7 (Part 1) - Breakout Panel: Public and Private Clouds - Myths and Truths. Moderator: Charlie Burns, Research VP, Saugatuck Technology. Panelists: Chris Bird, Chief Architect, Sabre; Robert McNeill, Research VP, Saugatuck Technology; Joanne Olsen, SVP of On Demand, Oracle; Scott Skellenger, Sr. Director, Illumina.
- SESSION #8 (Part 1, Part 2) - Fireside Chat: Extending the Reach of Business Applications. With Nicholas Cumins, Senior VP, On-Demand, SAP. Host: Mike West, VP Distinguished Analyst, Saugatuck Technology.
- SESSION #9 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) - Featured Presentation:Cloud Wars: Do Empowered Users Really Want to Avoid IT?
With Mike Wilens, President, Corporate Operations and Technology, Fidelity Investments.
- SESSION #10 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) - Innovation Panel: What's Next For, and From, the Cloud? Moderator: Bruce Guptill, SVP and Head of Research, Saugatuck Technology . Panelists: Jason Maynard, Senior Technology Analyst, Wells Fargo; Evangelos Simoudis, Managing Director, Trident Capital; Susan Nunziata, Editor-in-Chief, CIO Insight ; Lisa Pierce, Strategy Consultant, Saugatuck Technology.
If you would like to subscribe to or view all of the conference clips, go to Saugatuck’s YouTube Channel.